- This event has passed.
3Fox Presents for Montagu Evans: Beauty in Development
November 24, 2020 @ 8:30 am – 9:30 am
The Government will “ask for beauty… expecting new development to be beautiful”, according to its recent White Paper, “Planning for the Future”. In so doing, it has added a fresh perspective to a debate that has been ongoing for at least 2,000 years: can architecture be beautiful and if so, what does that mean?
Join this discussion to hear to views from architect, developer and planning authority as we ask:
• Does our planning system sufficiently recognise beauty?
• Will the Government’s proposals help or hinder the delivery of beauty?
• In relation to cities and architecture, what does beauty mean anyway?
- Heather Cheesbrough, director of planning and strategic transport, London Borough of Croydon
- Richard Knight, director of land and communities, Peel L&P
- Hugh Petter, director, Adam Architecture
- Dr Timur Tatlioglu, heritage and planning partner, Montagu Evans
- Christophe Egret, founding director, Studio Egret West