Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

The Voice of Authority with the Key Worker Homes Fund – All in: sustaining a city for people and planet

February 10, 2021 @ 11:00 am 12:00 pm

Whether London’s population growth slows or continues, the housing crisis demands that we deliver more homes for Londoners. But how do we square that with our environmental responsibilities, when construction is culpable for 40% of annual UK carbon emissions? Are the housing crisis and the climate emergency producing conflicting responses?

And even if newly constructed buildings are more energy efficient, the UK Green Building Council estimates that 80% of the London of 2050 is already built. While decarbonising existing stock is a priority, what sort of building will the remaining 20% comprise? Where will we build it, what is it for, and for whom? And how can we decarbonise existing stock faster?

Join this third in a series of three knowledge-sharing events hosted by the Key Worker Homes Fund to find out:

What are London’s sustainable urban development solutions for people and planet?

Speakers:

• Philip Glanville, Mayor of Hackney
• Cllr Anthony Okereke, Cabinet member for housing, LB Greenwich
• Arthur Kay, Chair, Key Worker Homes Fund
More to be announced soon.

Previously in the Key Worker Homes Fund online event series:

What happens when the clapping stops? How to house our heroes
1600hrs on 2nd December 2020

The answer is above our heads: the value of location, liveability and longevity
1100hrs on 13th January

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *